After weight loss surgery, the biggest struggle for bariatric patients is finding the motivation to keep up with their diet and exercise regimens. When you first begin your weight loss journey, your motivation levels are at an all-time high, because it’s new and exciting. You’re looking forward to seeing results and positive outcomes. As time goes on, you may become less interested in going to the gym, and your meals may look less appetizing and taste more bland. When you hit this state of boredom, you need to change up your routine and find new motivation to get yourself back on track. The job of an inspiration board is to inspire you, motivate you, and keep you focused on your goals. Looking at your inspiration board regularly can help to keep your weight loss schedule in an inspired and mindful way.
At this month's group we will be getting creative and learning how to design our own inspiration boards to keep us motivated to reach our weight loss goals! Bring any pictures, magazines, or books you wouldn't mind cutting out pictures and inspirational quotes to use for your board! And any other fun crafts or supplies you would like to use while we create our own board!!
Supplies to make vision board:
-pictures, quotes, and photos that cause happy thoughts
Poster board, large sheet of paper, cork board, or pin board
-glue/pins, markers, magazines/books that can be cut up, scissors
- You can use glitter, paint, stickers to decorate however you want!
What to put on your board:
- Motivational quotes, statements that make you feel confident and empowered
- Pretty pictures healthy food and recipes you’d like to try
- Exercises or specific training goals-like crossing the finish line of a half marathon or a yoga pose you’d like to master.
- The types of clothes you’ll be wearing at your goal weight (little black dress)
- Images of people you admire, like your husband, kids, or parents.
The happier your board makes you feel, the easier it will be for you to get to your goal. Load your board with as many images, quotes, and words that give you the most happy thoughts!
It’s a good idea to create a few weight loss vision boards. Have a main vision board and a few smaller ones scattered throughout your home. That way you can keep your main vision board in the bathroom and put others on your fridge, at work, or anywhere you need extra motivation.