Good Morning Everyone!!
I just wanted to remind everyone about the Walk from Obesity that this office will be hosting:
WHAT: Walk from Obesity www.Walkfromobesity.com
WHEN: October 10th – 9AM
WHERE: Boone County Arboretum https://bcarboretum.org/
The event is part of a national walkathon that raises awareness of obesity, as well as a fundraiser for obesity research and education.
We hosted a walk a couple of years ago at the same location and had a great time! The weather is usually beautiful and the scenery is fantastic. There are pictures in my office from our last walk if anyone wants to take a peek J. We have a lofty fundraising goal of $10,000.00 dollars this year and we need your help.
I am asking for a show of support from anyone in the office who can give us a hand!
- If you have social media accounts – go to the Walk from Obesity site and “like” this event. Periodically update and repost if you can! Direct anyone who can’t walk to the website and have them donate to our team if they are able.
- Start a team and be a captain – If you can create a team of 5, then the captain gets free registration (or you can donate it to someone on your team if you would like)
- Everyone who attends gets a free T-shirt and goody bag
- Spread the word to our friends, family and coworkers. There should be fliers in every room – we would love you to participate. There is no minimum amount to walk. Any distance that they want to walk / run / wheel is OK.
- We will be raffling off several baskets for fundraising! If you have time to help us solicit from our neighboring businesses, that would be great. Or, if you have something you would like to donate to put on one of the baskets, that would be fantastic as well! The themes for the baskets are:
- Beauty / Spa
- Healthy Cooking: Books, Utensils, Classes, etc.
- Fitness / Exercise
- Romance / Date Night
- Any other theme you might like to create J
If you have any questions, thoughts or ideas please ask Ronda or Amita!!! We can use your help!
I am looking forward to this year’s walk J
Raising awareness about the disease of obesity!